Hello and welcome to the Fullformis where we share the full forms of the short forms that you need to learn. Today we are going to share the UPSC full form and its meaning.
Also, Check- MPEG Full Form
Also, Check- PRC Full Form
What Is The Full Form Of UPSC?
The UPSC full form is Union Public Service Commission which is an organization that conducts examinations for recruiting candidates for civil services.
What Is The Job Of UPSC?
Under Article 320 of the Constitution of India, the Commission needed to be counseled on all issues identifying with enrollment to common administrations and posts. The elements of the Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution are:
- Lead assessments for the arrangement to the administrations of the Union.
- Direct enrollment by choice through interviews.
- Arrangement of officials on advancement/assignment/ingestion.
- Outlining and alteration of Recruitment Rules for different administrations and posts under the Government.
- Disciplinary cases identifying with various Civil Services.
- Exhorting the Government on any matter alluded to the Commission by the President of India.
History Of UPSC- UPSC Full Form
The Royal Commission on the prevalent Civil Services in India was set up under the chairmanship of Lord Lee of Fareham by the British Government in 1923.
With equivalent quantities of Indian and British individuals, the commission presented its report in 1924, suggesting the setting up of a Public Service Commission.
The Lee Commission recommended that 40% of future contestants ought to be British, 40% Indians straightforwardly enlisted, and 20% Indians advanced from the commonplace administrations.
This prompted the foundation of the principal Public Service Commission on 1 October 1926 under the chairmanship of Sir Ross Barker.
A simply restricted warning capacity was conceded to the Public Service Commission and the heads of the opportunity development ceaselessly pushed on this angle,
which then, at that point brought about the setting up of a Federal Public Service Commission under the Government of India Act 1935.
The Federal Public Service Commission turned into the Union Public Service Commission after freedom. It was given protected status under of Constitution of India on 26 January 1950.
Structure Of The Organization- UPSC Full Form
The Commission comprises an executive and different individuals selected by The President of India. Generally, the Commission comprises 9 to 11 individuals including the chairman.
Every part holds office for a term of six years or until he achieves the age of 65 years, whichever is prior.
The agreements of administration of executive and individuals from the Commission are administered by the Union Public Service Commission (Members) Regulations, 1969.
The executive and some other individual from the Commission can present his renunciation whenever to the President of India.
He might be taken out from his office by the President of India on the ground of rowdiness (just if a request of such mischief is made and maintained by the Supreme Court) or then again in case he is pronounced wiped out,
or draws in during his term of office in any paid work outside the obligations of his office, or according to the President unsuitable to proceed in office by reason of illness of brain or body.
Rules And Regulations Of UPSC- UPSC Full Form
The secretariat, for the authoritative reason for existing, is additionally isolated into divisions, each endeavor having a particular duty:
- Organization: Administers the Secretariat just as takes care of the individual issues of Chairman/Members and different Officers/Staff of the Commission.
- All India Services: Recruitment to All India Services is done either by direct enlistment, through Civil Services Examination, or by advancement from the State Service. The AIS Branch handles the advancements of State Service officials to the IAS, IPS, and IFS. It likewise handles strategy matters identifying with All India Services and corrections in the ‘Advancement Regulations’ of separate administrations.
- Arrangements: It complete arrangements to focal administrations dependent on Promotion(based on a proposition from different Ministries/Departments/Union Territories and from certain nearby bodies) and by the method for Deputation and Absorption.
- Assessment: It does justify based determination and suggestion of competitors, through different assessments, to Group An and Group B Services of the Government of India.
- General: Primarily manages everyday housekeeping works for Commission, similar to, game plans and assistance for conduction of Examinations by the UPSC, printing Annual Report and so on
- Enlistment: This branch does Direct Recruitment(out of the 3 potential components of: ‘direct enrollment’, ‘enlistment by advancement’ and ‘enlistment by the move and lasting ingestion’) by choice to all Group ‘A’ and certain Group ‘B’ posts of the administrations of the Union (counting some Union Territories). These enlistments are done either by selection(interview) or through cutthroat assessment.
- Enlistment Rules: The Commission is ordered under Art. 320 of the Constitution of India, read along with the UPSC (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1958, to instruct on outlining and revising with respect to Recruitment and Service Rules for different Group An and Group B posts in the Government of India, and certain self-ruling associations like EPFO, ESIC, DJB, NDMC, and Municipal Corporations(s) of Delhi. This Branch does this obligation by working with the Ministries/Departments/UT Administrations/Autonomous Organizations in such a manner.
- Administrations I: Handles disciplinary cases got from different Ministries/Departments and State Governments for the exhortation of the Commission, as needed under Article 320 (3)(c).
- Administrations II: Handles any remaining cases that the ‘Administrations I’ branch doesn’t. It incorporates the Annual Report. Additionally, it facilitates visits of unfamiliar designations, correspondence with outside nations, and facilitating of worldwide occasions concerning Public Service Commissions, including the SAARC Member States.
Posts In UPSC- UPSC Full Form
There are different types of posts in the UPSC. We will categories them into 3 different categories.
All India Civil Services
Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
Indian Police Service (IPS)
Indian Forest Service (IFoS)
Group ‘A’ Civil Services
Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS)
Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)
Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS)
Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS)
Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES)
Indian Information Service (IIS)
Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
Indian Communication Finance Services (ICFS)
Indian Postal Service (IPoS)
Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS)
Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
Indian Trade Service (ITS)
Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Group ‘B’ Civil Services
Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service
Pondicherry Civil Service
Pondicherry Police Service
Final Words On UPSC Full Form
So we hope you like our article on UPSC full form. We not only discuss the full form of UPSC that is the Union Public Service Commission but also share the meaning and all the important facts.