Hello and welcome to the world of full forms where you get the best result of full forms that you listen to in your everyday life but don’t know the meaning. Today we are going to discuss the PWD full form. Sometimes it is also called CPWD.
In this article, we will not share only the full form of PWD but also discuss some other important terms related to the PWD. So let’s get started.
Also, Check- BPO Full Form
Also, Check- TMC Full Form
PWD Full Form
pwd full form is Public Works Department.
What Is PWD?- PWD Full Form
The Central Public Works Department of India ordinarily alluded to as the CPWD, is a chief Central Government expert accountable for public area works.
The Central Public Works Department, under the Ministry of Urban Development now MoHUA (Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs), manages structures, streets, spans, flyovers, confounded constructions like arenas, assembly halls,
research facilities, shelters, line fencing, line streets (slope streets), and so on CPWD appeared in July 1854 when Lord Dalhousie set up a focal organization for the execution of public works and set up Ajmer Provincial Division.
It has now developed into an exhaustive development of the board division, which offers types of assistance from project origination to finishing, and upkeep of the executives.
It is going by the Director General (DG) who is additionally the Principal Technical Advisor to the Government of India.
The areas and sub-locales are going by Special DGs and Additional DGs individually, while the zones in all state capitals (with the exception of a couple) are going by Chief Engineers.
These days, another post of Chief Project Manager (CPM) has been made to head major esteemed tasks of CPWD.
CPMs are identical to the position of Chief Engineers in CPWD. With a country-wide presence, the strength of CPWD is its capacity to embrace the development of Complex Projects even in troublesome landscapes and upkeep in the post-development stage.
Departments In PWD
It is the excellent design division of the Government of association of India and its details and manuals are trailed by neighborhood public works offices and designing wings of different offices.
CPWD comprises three wings in the execution field:
1) B&R (Buildings and Roads)
2) E&M (Electrical and Mechanical)
Jobs Of PWD
Following are the center elements of CPWD
- Planned, developed, and upkeep of Central Government non-private structures other than those for Railways, Communications, Atomic Energy, Defense Services, All India Radio, Doordarshan, and Airports (IAAI and NAA).
- Development and upkeep of private convenience implied for Central Government Employees.
- Development works for Central Armed Police Force(Erstwhile Paramilitary) for example CRPF, CISF, BSF, and ITBP just as upkeep of resources of CRPF and CISF allocated to CPWD.
- Development works for foundations under the Cabinet Secretariat for example SSB, SIB, and so on
- Development works for public area endeavors not having their designing association, other Government Organizations, Autonomous bodies, and foundations as store work. “Store Works” are such works, which are attempted at the carefulness of the Director-General, CPWD for which the cost is given completely or to some extent from
- a) Funds of a public sort yet excluded from the monetary gauges and records of the Union of India.
- b) Contributions from people in general.
- Giving consultancy administrations in arranging, planning, and developing structural designing tasks, as and when needed by open endeavor and other self-governing bodies.
- Development of the Embassy and different structures/projects abroad in line with the Ministry of External Affairs and different Ministries.
- Guard/Security related works are relegated by the public authority, for example, line fencing and floodlighting works and Indo-China Border Road Works (ICBR).
- Development of streets under PMGSY and RSVY program. To attempt works under PPP/Alternate Funding mode.
Recruitment Process Of PWD– PWD Full Form
The enrollment at the section level for center administration is made through Engineering Services Examination (ESE) led by Union Public Service Commission. Just top competitors in ESE get an opportunity to join CPWD rigorously on a merit premise.
During the probation period, they chose competitors to go through thorough preparation of 52 weeks at the National CPWD Academy arranged in Ghaziabad (U.P). which changes them into skilled Architects/Engineers cum officials.
During the ordinary profession movement one ascents to Chief Architect/Engineer, then, at that point to Additional Director General and further to Special Director-General.
The pinnacle level post in CPWD is of Director General, CPWD who likewise goes about as a specialized consultant to the Government of India.
As of late the Government of India has given the endorsement for making of one more post of Director General (Planning). So from now onwards CPWD has two Director General Posts.
Training Of The Selected Candidates
Public CPWD Academy is a Training Institute of the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) which principally centers around the preparation needs of Group ‘A’ officials of CPWD through 52 weeks establishment course.
Initially, a preparation cell was set up in New Delhi in the year 1965 for the establishment preparation of Group ‘A’ officials.
This preparation cell was formed into an undeniable Training Institute at Ghaziabad that began working in 1995. The CPWD preparing Institute was renamed as National CPWD Academy in the year 2016.
The National CPWD Academy cares for the preparation needs of Engineers, Architects, and Horticulturists the whole way across the country. The fundamental institute is situated at Kamla Nehru Nagar, Hapur Road, Ghaziabad (U.P.).
Territorial Training Institutes are situated in four metros for example New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
The National CPWD Academy is situated in a lavish green, peaceful, salubrious, and contamination-free climate spread over more than 30 sections of land in Kamla Nehru Nagar,
Ghaziabad is almost 6 km (3.7 mi). from Ghaziabad Railway Station, 30 km (19 mi). from New Delhi Railway Station, and around 50 km (31 mi) from Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi.
The foundation bestows preparing/supplemental classes in every one of the parts of public works.
The institute conducts preparing programs, studios, and meetings to generate new ideas, workshops, and so on to overhaul the techno-administrative abilities of CPWD officials just as officials of other Central Government Departments,
State Governments and PSUs and so on The preparation programs are directed in different streams like Civil Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, IT Applications, and Management Techniques.
Various new seminars on Green Buildings, their rating framework and confirmation, energy productive structures, preservation of legacy structures, and so on have been acquainted with taking into account the current changing development situation.
We hope you like this article on PWD full form because we also share some other important terms related to the PWD department with its full form Public Works Department and sometimes also known as CPWD(Central Public Works Department).
Please share this article with your students or friends to spread this knowledge. Sharing is caring.